Monday, September 8, 2014

What brought me to SNHU

I applied to Southern New Hampshire University at the end of my junior year in high school. When I visited this campus something about it felt so right for me compared to all of the other schools that I had already toured. When I got my acceptance letter I was extremely happy and knew that I had already made up my mind on committing. I originally came here to major in psychology knowing that I wanted to help people who were "different," especially children. After a few psychology classes I realized that I took interest in the subject but didn't know exactly what I would do with my degree. After a lot of thinking, I realized that teaching elementary and special education was right for me. With my goals of becoming a teacher and helping children grow, I have become extremely inspired to do my best in order to, one day, help change lives and help kids love themselves before they judge themselves by societies "normalities."


1 comment:

  1. I can relate to what you said about changing your major from psychology to elementary education because I did the same before I transferred to SNHU. I really thought what you said about wanting to help kids love themselves before they judge themselves based on society was awesome! (:

    ReplyDelete